Tuesday, 21 December 2010

15 weeks 6 days

I met with my community midwife Yvette today and am feeling much better regarding the caesar.

Last night Si and I had a real soul searching conversation with regards to our feelings around the birth and at the end of the day it is not like I am desperate for major abdominal surgery, and the recovery times it involves, but rather that neither of us want to find ourselves in the emergency situation of last time.

It is with this in mind that I am going to meet with Dr Brown in February and hopefully my willingness to meet them half way will do the trick. I am prepared to wait for natural labour to set in, or for them to use pessaries only to induce the labour but if either further induction or intervention by forceps or venteus becomes necessary I want a c-section immediately with no further discussion.

Yvette feels that this is a reasonable request and sees no reason why it won't be agreed to so we shall wait and see.

Scan booked for 26th Jan 2011 and I am looking forward to seeing our little bundle again, the heartbeat today was nice and strong so I am sure we are having a very little healthy baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment