Tuesday, 21 December 2010

15 weeks 6 days

I met with my community midwife Yvette today and am feeling much better regarding the caesar.

Last night Si and I had a real soul searching conversation with regards to our feelings around the birth and at the end of the day it is not like I am desperate for major abdominal surgery, and the recovery times it involves, but rather that neither of us want to find ourselves in the emergency situation of last time.

It is with this in mind that I am going to meet with Dr Brown in February and hopefully my willingness to meet them half way will do the trick. I am prepared to wait for natural labour to set in, or for them to use pessaries only to induce the labour but if either further induction or intervention by forceps or venteus becomes necessary I want a c-section immediately with no further discussion.

Yvette feels that this is a reasonable request and sees no reason why it won't be agreed to so we shall wait and see.

Scan booked for 26th Jan 2011 and I am looking forward to seeing our little bundle again, the heartbeat today was nice and strong so I am sure we are having a very little healthy baby.

Monday, 20 December 2010

15 weeks 5 days

I met with the consultant, or rather a registrar today regarding my caesar and sadly it would seem it is going to be harder than I anticipated to get it signed off. This young man has obviously been given a mandate by the NHS to reduce the number of unnecessary caesars and as I have had 3 normal deliveries before he was not prepared to sign me off.....unfortunately it all just got a little too much and I ended up in tears in his offices telling him that where I come from woman have a choice which is clearly not the case here.

Ended up in a meeting with him and a lovely midwife (clearly sent in to calm me down) and I now have an appointment on 9th February to plead my case to head of obstetrics. The midwife did assure me that at the end of the day it is my decision but we will have to see what happens at the next appointment. Fortunately Dr Brown is a lady doctor from South Africa so I am feeling a little more hopeful that she will be sympathetic to my cause.

Have an appointment with Yvette, my midwife, tomorrow so will see what she has to say then.

Sunday, 12 December 2010

14 weeks 4 days

Officially in maternity wear now, must have something to do with this being my fourth pregnancy, stomach muscles just have no resistance left lol.

Tuesday, 7 December 2010

13 weeks, 6 days

I am absolutely convinced that I can feel baby moving....the "bubbly" feeling has been around for a day or two but this evening for the first time I am sure it is the baby. Very very early this time, but guess it must be because I know what I am waiting for.